Straightforward Homemade Red Velvet Recipe
Red Velvet Recipe
Image source: blikkiesvis.com
Baking is not as hard as people purport it to be. Anything is possible when you put your mind to it. Preparing cakes can be fun. This red velvet cake recipe is not that complicated to make, and you should try it.
Red velvet recipe from scratch:
1. 2 eggs
2. 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
3. 2 1/2 of Baking flour
4. 1 1/2 of Olive oil
5. 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
6. 2 Tablespoons of red food color
7. 1 cup of Buttermilk
8. One tablespoon of white vinegar
9. 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
10. 400g of icing sugar
11. 300g of cheese
12. 100ml of cold freshly brewed coffee
13. 1 tablespoon of salt
1. Air your flour using a sieve. Add half a spoon of table salt, chocolate powder, and bicarbonate soda into your bowl.
2. Pour some oil into a different bowl and add sugar. Using your electric whisk beat these ingredients together until the mixture becomes pale.
Image source: patent and the pantry
3. Add the two eggs, mix them and afterwards, add your vanilla extract and the red food color.
4. At this point, you can let your oven preheat to 1900c as you continue with the other steps. Ensure that you oil your baking pan all round.
5. Scoop 1/3 of your aired flour, mix with some cooled coffee and some butter. Add half of it to your bowl. Mix it, and beat the other half into the remaining aired flour.
6. Mix your white vinegar with the remaining buttermilk and mix it into the cake mixture.
7. Mix everything thoroughly, the divide the mixture in three different baking containers. Let it bake for approximately 40 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Before icing and decorating, wait for it to cool completely.
Preparing the cream cheese frost
1. Divide the cheese into two and put one piece in a bowl and beat it with your electric mixer or mwiko. Beat it until the color becomes creamy and pale.
2. Drain the excess liquid off the cream cheese you had beaten and beat it again to mix it thoroughly.
3. Add some of the cream cheese in bits to a bowl with icing sugar and then add all the remaining cream cheese. Beat the mixture for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate this mixture for 30minutes to make it a little firm. This is now your cheese icing.
4. Spread some cheese icing on one of the cakes. Try to use large scoops of the cheese icing and place the next cake on top.
5. Keep icing the cake with large scoops of cheese icing cream and then place the remaining third piece of cake on top.
Image source: Pinterest
6. Add more icing on top of the third piece. Don’t forget to spread the icing on the sides of the cake too. If you want a simpler cake recipe try this